Thursday, June 11, 2009

A White Tassel and a Naked Lady...

Week two of Wreck This Journal was trickier than I thought. Now I have to confess to being a wimpy wrecker.

How hard can it be to fill a two-page spread with all things white? I rummaged through all my junk and found a tassel, buttons, tags, an unprinted address label, a silk rose bud and bits and pieces of a paper doily. Cool stuff... but boring as hell.

White is nice, but shouldn't be left standing alone. Pink, being my favorite, would be just right for a little splash of color.


It still looks a little too prissy to be in a journal of mass destruction. But I like it anyway.

My next attempt was showering with my journal.
Take I:
I propped my journal upright behind my shampoo after I turned the water off. Only a small amount of water wicked up the pages. What a cheat! What a wimp!

Take II, Day two:
I propped my journal upright behind my shampoo, but it wouldn't stay in place.

Take III:
It was obvious what had to be done. So... standing there in all the glory that my nakedness would allow me, I quickly gave the spine a firm snap. Ouch! It hurt me more than the book, but at least it was more manageable. Another mission accomplished: Cracked spine. Yeahhhhh!

Take IV:
I propped my journal upright behind my shampoo and turned the water on full force. I turned my back, trying not to care how wet the pages were getting. When I finally did have enough courage to peek, I was pleasantly surprised at the waviness of the pages and the random water spots.


Click on the above photo to enlarge, so you can see that I really wasn't cheating this time!


Refreshed and rejuvenated, my journal and I are ready to take on a new week of wrecking, with all doubts and inhibitions washed down the drain. Hopefully!

I have to admit, though, there's something really weird about taking a camera to the bathroom with you.

See you right here next Friday.

Don't forget to check on other Journal Wreckers at Jamie's. You'll find some pretty creative juices flowing over there!

17 comments:

  1. Yay!! You're inspiring me. I've been flirting with the shower one but haven't done it yet. Maybe today is the day!

    I loved your naked lady pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shower page. love it all. love our variety & the varying levels of our destructive capabilites - which will no doubt increase as the weeks go by. a certain level of destructive competitiveness is bound to creep in and i say BRING IT ON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am scared to take the book to the shower.

    SCARED I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shower experience made me smile. You are so brave. No wimpy wrecker here. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO inspiring--thank you for admitting to your fears and reluctance! I loved reading how you worked through it...and it helps me know that it's okay that this is harder than I thought it would be...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great that you incorporated all your attempts at taking the book in the shower. You even made me look forward to that task.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking the book in the shower is scary to me. This is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb I found you!! And I laughed so hard at this post. I am proud of you for having the courage to break the spine!
    Again, thanks for your company and allowing us to visit with Nikki and Tom. We had a blast!
    Terralyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't ccare if it's prissy -- your white is Beautiful! And I'm so glad your shower scene was not Psycho! :) The cartoon is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your white is lovely - finding white things is tricky - no idea where I will find any...

    Looking forward to seeing more loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great wrecking! I have been thinking about the shower one too..I feel like a chicken about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! To all your inhibitions being washed away! I love the art you added to the waterlogged journal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your shower scene - and what you did with the page after. -kind of romantic and cute.
    -elin-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your artwork is too cute in the shower pages! I have yet to do anything to my book yet. I'm not sure why...I"m hoping to play with it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your whole post - from fears, to laughter, to sharing the pix and the cartoon.
    Happy wrecking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think that it looks nice barb...."sweet and simple" is your name after all!
    i, myself am consisdered "prissy" but it doesn't bother me a bit..
    i am ME!!....hahaha....love you!
    love terry7

    ReplyDelete