Friday, March 6, 2009

Sap Tap...

When should a sap bucket not be a sap bucket???


When it was a kitty litter box in it's previous life!

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to re-using things and making do with what's at hand, but I think this is just a little too weird! I'm sure they were all sanitized... but still...

I will have to admit, at least the Tidy Cat buckets do have lids to keep debris from falling into the sap. That's more than I can say about the old fashioned galvanized pails pictured below.


If you think about it long enough, there is a mirage of slogans rising from the event of sap gathering with Tidy Cat equipment:

"Tidy up your breakfast pancakes with our very own homemade Maple Syrup."

"Our Maple Syrup is the cat's meow."

"Even Miss Kitty is impressed with our homemade Maple Syrup."

"This Syrup sticks to your pancakes like kitty litter sticks to a cat's butt."

Ohhhh... This could go on and on, but it would only get worse from this point.

Eating pancakes will never be the same!

1 comment:

  1. I would eat out of the old pails before the kitty litter bucket any day! Ewww~

    I just remembered I forgot to change your blog and have been following the old one (that doesn't update!:( When I figured it out I hopped on over. Now I'll be coming by every day! :)

    ReplyDelete