Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Place in the Sun...

Beyond the sand dunes, a narrow path winds through sea grass and low-lying bushes adorned with tiny yellow blossoms, ending at a secluded place that hardly anyone knows about.


A little beach house is partially hidden among scrub pine, it's clap-board siding weathered from frequent coastal storms.

A white wicker rocker on the front porch is a perfect resting place for any weary soul.

An old-fashioned bicycle, painted a cheery Turquoise, leans against the porch railing.

Pink Bougainvilleas trail wildly up the corner posts.

Inside...
The furnishings are simple: No clutter. No television. No telephone.

Internet Service (which no-one should ever be without!) can be found at a popular down-town coffee shop, where the coffee is superb and the service is friendly. Locals are like that , you know.

A fishing pole stands in a corner near the front door and a straw hat hangs on the back of a small chair.

Sheer curtains, over open windows, flutter in a gentle ocean breeze and the scent of salt air fills every nook and cranny.

If I'm missing, don't look for me here... it's only a figment of my imagination.


... but a good walk on the beach would do much to improve my disposition!

Enjoy your weekend, no matter where your body or spirit is.

5 comments:

  1. I love this figment, and I would love to go there myself!
    Have a great rest of the week-end too.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post, wonderful photo... you write very well, it was a pleasure to visit you.
    I hope you had a very nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky and Michele...
    Thanks for your visits... there will always be a rocker on the porch of my imagination for each of you. Hope you "stop by often".

    Namaste'
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi :)

    The bird is a seagull and I was feeding him french fries :)

    I love the picture you took of the sea grass.

    Thanks for the comment.

    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! I could find myself there too.

    ReplyDelete