Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Missing friends...

It's amazing how the weeks fly by!

Ruby Tuesday is more than half over and even though I've had my photo ready for several days, time to write a post has eluded me.

At the bottom of the mountain, next to this small pond, sets a cozy little cottage that is only used by it's owners when the weather is warm and balmy. Knowing that no one was around, I couldn't resist stopping along the road and walking across their yard to get this shot. It was such a temptation to linger awhile and enjoy just a moment of quiet time, looking out over the water. My thoughts were on a couple of dear friends whom I've been missing very much lately.


It would be nice to sit in this comfortable red swing with each of them and talk about all that has been going on in our respective lives:

Children. Grandchildren. Travel. Illness. Accomplishments. Hopes and Dreams (yes, even at our age, we have not yet reached all the stars that we want to reach!). Silly things. Serious things. Simple things. Complicated things.

But...
As bad as things may seem to be sometimes, we will always know that we will be there for each other, no matter where we are ~ near or far.

It's what true friendship is all about.

And...
Wouldn't it be wonderful to share an early morning cup of coffee, a mid-afternoon glass of lemonade or an evening glass of wine, swinging the time away in a peaceful setting such as this, getting back in touch with someone you miss and love? I'm more than ready!

Officially...
The last Winter sunset and a photo worthy of Ruby Tuesday. Soon, we'll be enjoying the many beauties of Spring.


Thanks to Mary at Work of the Poet, we get a chance to share our favorite photos featuring all things with a little or a lot of red! Visit here and see for yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooooh... that swing is definitely MY kind of a ruby! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and impressive photos plus heartwarming thoughts of friendship. Great post!

    Happy RT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, what a wonderful post! My eyes welled up. I lingered on your photo with the RED swing. I do take solace from my blogger friends, like you, who write so eloquently and sympathetically. Thank you. Happy Ruby Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh also I wanted to say I LOVE your header! Did you create it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying to comment on your great post, but my computer wasn't cooperating. Friends are special indeed. I hope you sit in that swing soon.

    ReplyDelete