Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A little green, a lotta red...

G'Day to all ye Irish Lads and Lasses!

It's such a fun day to celebrate, especially if you happen to be behind a camera lens, participating in The Ruby Tuesday meme hosted by Mary at Work of the Poet and are lucky enough to find just the right shot to honor the occasion!

She suggested that we might make green the color of the day... in observance of St. Patrick's Day.

I wasn't sure I could forfeit a Ruby Tuesday shot, even for an Irish event; Ruby Tuesday is, after all, Ruby Tuesday! Check here to see how other participants went green on a red day.

When I spied this along the road, all freshly painted and waiting for a new owner to come along, I felt like I had hit the jack-pot!

I felt a wee bit blessed ~ green for St. Patrick's and red for Ruby Tuesday ~ one subject, one shot.



An Irish Blessing:

May the light always find you on a dreary day.

When you need to be home, may you find your way.

May you always have courage to take a chance,
and...

May you never find frogs in your underpants!

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Barb:-)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that tractor really worked out well for Ruby St Paddy's Day Tuesday :)

    Happy Monday,
    Tink *~*~*

    Now Playing at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* :
    Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade - Blue and Yellow Edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops, wrong link!

    Happy TUESDAY,
    Tink *~*~*

    Now Playing at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* :
    Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade - Red Edition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for green on RT I love all the Irish greenery today - come see all mine I am very Irish. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love tractors and that one has a wonderful coat!

    ReplyDelete