Monday, April 6, 2009

Country Roads...

Living in rural Pennsylvania has it's advantages.

Where else could you stop in the middle of a road to conduct a photo-shoot?

Of course... you'd have to be an idiot to even give thought to that move. After all, you run the risk of being hit by a tractor pulling a manure spreader!

Yep...
An idiot.
A complete photo-crazed idiot.

That be me!!!

But hey (hay)... I managed to pull it off with nary a manure spreader in sight and lucked out, getting a couple of great shots for Ruby Tuesday in the process.

No wonder this farmer didn't get all last year's hay off his field. I'm thinking he should have gotten closer to his work.



This thought came to mind as I snapped the below photo:

"It's hard to remember that your main objective is to drain the swamp when you're up to your neck in alligators."

Such are the trials of life.



This dock gives new meaning to out on a limb. Click on the photo and you'll see what I mean! Thank goodness, there aren't any alligators in PA. But regardless, I can't think I'd be idiot enough to step out on the end ~ I only test my luck in the middle of a country road.



Thanks to Mary T. for keeping us all together on Ruby Tuesdays. It's a fun meme to be a part of.

10 comments:

  1. First let me say I love your header!
    What a wonderful scene of hay and wagon.
    I love the reflection in the water shot - very nice.

    My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red hay wagon is fine for Tuesday, but those perfect rolled-up hay bales are great! Stepping off the end of the platform would have the feeling of that old saying about taking a long walk off a short pier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I see what you mean about being "out on a limb".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say I like your music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the big strap holding the end of the dock together. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice on the wagon. There is always something out in the country of interest. Good choice for the "dry hydrant" too.
    Have a Happy RT>
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your reds today....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice dock to look at, wouldn't wanna go on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting series. There's something about that dock that just calls to me... Even though you'd have to be sort of insane to go out onto it... and it goes nowhere... somehow I WANT to... Love the hay wagon.

    ReplyDelete