Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Caution, rant ahead...

It's amazing how fast the weeks go by.

I always make promises to myself that I'm going to use my time wisely, to do the things that not only NEED to be done, but also those things that would be pleasurable.

Because... lets be honest here.
How in hell can doing the laundry, cleaning the house, fixing three meals a day and putting the kitchen back in order afterwards, yadda, yadda, yadda... be a pleasure?

The everyday need-to-be-done-because-I'm-the-woman-of-the-household crap leaves a lot to be desired.

It's an old-fashioned concept, which may be a delight and even a privilege to some devoted Ladies of the Household, but by the time I'm finished with my so-called duties, I'm too exhausted for anything else.

Gosh... when I started this post, I never intended to sound whiny. (After re-reading, I was going to change it; instead, I changed the title so you would be fore-warned and could have the option of leaving if you didn't want to listen to me complain).

So... eventually, I'll get past this blah feeling, take my migraine medicine, and post my photo for Ruby Tuesday.

The photo didn't turn out as planned; In real life mode, the red buds of the Maple were vivid against the backdrop of the barn's tin roof. If you embiggen it, you'll be able to see it a little better. You just had to be there! I'll try to do better next Tuesday!


But... if you go over to Work of the Poet, Mary T. will show you where to find a treasure of Rubies!

Oh yeah... time to put another load of clothes in the washer.

Have a nice day.

Barb:-)

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling but brighter days are ahead.....I think it's just that time of year when we're all ready to see spring arrive and stay! I see the red just fine! Love the barn too since I live on a farm can appreciate an old one! Thanks for warning....but I forged ahead anyway! At least you didn't linger....so many go on and on about it! It's O.K. to vent once in a while! Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't know about you, but I have a little easier time getting through the mundane when I remember that God put me here to serve and that it all has a purpose. But when I DON'T remember that (often) I find myself resenting it!

    Your tree is a beautiful ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally can relate. Mom's never seem to get a break.

    Thats a very nice shot!

    Hope you get out of the slump soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, whine away. In fact, whine for me to. It kills me when I read about the super woman who feels blessed to serve her husband and home by being master of the laundry and kitchen. Whatever! There is no pleasure in chores, and those people that think there is...well, they are just plain weird! :) Although I do like to do laundry (weird huh?). I think it's because I can see instant progress. I'm with you. I'd much rather being doing something fun. Okay, now I'm going to go pick up toys for the upteenth time! Nice Ruby Tuesday photo.

    ReplyDelete