Friday, May 8, 2009

Blame it on the Fiddleheads...

Being late is right near the top of my list of pet-peeves.
I happen to think that it's:

Rude.

Selfish.

Impolite.

Irresponsible.

Disrespectful.

Inconsiderate.

All, of course, basically mean the same thing, and can only be excused if one has a valid reason.

This is my valid reason... it's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I DID leave a few minutes earlier than was necessary.
I DID have my camera.
I DID see the fern that I had seen a couple of days earlier (when I DIDN'T have my camera!)
I DID take into consideration that I was 45 minutes away from my destination and that if I stopped for a photo, I would have to make up time when I got to the paved road.
I DID stop anyway.
I DID climb up the bank.
I DID consider that the close-up shot was going to be well worth the effort.
I DID drive over the speed limit (WAY over!) to make my appointment.
I DID arrive only 3 minutes later than planned.


Regardless...
I was late.

And now, I'm at the top of my own pet-peeve list.

Still...
Some things are just worth fiddling with!

Enjoy your day.

B:-)

1 comment:

  1. Being late was a pet peeve of mine as well. Don't you realize now maybe we should all show up a little bit late?

    ReplyDelete