Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Reds for Ruby Tuesday...

Immediately after snapping a picture of this wild raspberry, I plucked it from the stem and devoured it's sweetness.

After all, it would take only another 100 of them to make a pie and the bushes weren't that loaded!


Now, this is what I call a loaded bush! It's growing next to the local bank in town and appears to be basking in a substantial return on it's IRA (Initial Red Appearance)!


Thanks to Mary at Work of the Poet for hosting Ruby Tuesday. You'll find many subjects of red over there, so don't forget to check them out when you get the chance.

Have a beautiful Ruby Tuesday, everyone!
I leave you with...



Barb:-)

11 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Our raspberries are almost gone! But my hubby has been eating them as soon as they ripen. Cute hugs image! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2009/07/ruby-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that raspberry looks so tasty. Love the shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy...I love raspberries, but they're so expensive to buy in the store and I can't find any bushes around here. Hope you enjoyed the lone berry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a similar post recently only our raspberries are not wild and we have soooo many. They are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! And how did you get that pre-copy picture of me to put at the end? hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. The single berry is a stunning photo. Sometimes the simplest things are the best
    My Ruby Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Barb, you could have mixed in a few strawberries or cranberries for your pie. No one would know.
    And you are soooooo clever with that I.R.A. bit.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, you could have mixed in enough strawberries and/or cranberries to have made our pie. You will not be forgiven. :-)
    And aren't you clever with that I.R.A. bit, I would have never thought of that.
    Happy RT,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Jim, I wasn't able to get to my e-mails until late this evening... some things just seem to be out of control! Before I knew it, I had hit the publish button for BOTH of your comments. Forgive me?

    Hope your week goes well.
    Barb:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What could be sweeter - or redder - than one perfect raspberry?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bush is beautiful, and I would have eaten every raspberry in sight!

    ReplyDelete