Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hometown Heros...

The town in which I grew up (just a mere 21 miles from where I reside now), recently took on a very ambitious project.

It was their mission to create a flag-type banner to honor local military personnel (living or deceased), which would be displayed on each and every lamppost along Main Street and also along the new Parkway, skirting the Susquehanna River.

The response was unbelievable and the sight is awesome!

Yesterday, as I was driving along the south end of Main Street, heading for home, tears filled my eyes when I saw the flags honoring my Dad and Brother.



Dad passed away in 2003. I miss him terribly and I still ask him for advice... and he appeared yesterday when I least expected it.

John is my mentor, even though he lives hundreds of miles away. His advice and love has gotten me through some pretty rough patches in my life.

Semper Fi.

OO-RAH!
Bobbie

6 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful tribute to some true heroes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flags are outstanding. What a wonderful thing for the people of your county to do for those who give so much to all of us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Barb, that is awesome. Those flags are beautiful and what a tribute. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really precious. What a gift when you least expect it. my daughter is in the military so I appreciate every effort to acknowledge our men and women. Thanks for sharing, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tribute Barb. So glad they could share your families honor with the entire town too.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey :)

    I've just been really lazy with my blog lately, I'm gonna try and post some now :)

    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete